DiSC is an acronym for the 4 dimensions of behaviorDiSC is based on a four-quadrant model that describes the four dimensions of human behavior. The dimensions are:
- Dominance: Direct & Decisive. D's are strong-willed, strong-minded people who like accepting challenges, taking action, and getting immediate results.
- influence: Optimistic & Outgoing. I's are "people people" who like participating on teams, sharing ideas, and energizing and entertaining others.
- Steadiness: Sympathetic & Cooperative. S's are helpful people who like working behind the scenes, performing in consistent and predictable ways, and being good listeners.
- Conscientiousness: Concerned & Correct. C's are sticklers for quality and like planning ahead, employing systematic approaches, and checking and re-checking for accuracy.
It is important to understand that there are a total of 16 different Profile Pattern results, which are combinations of the 4 dimensions.
The DiSC System helps you understand yourself in four behavioral environments:
- Me vs. Me: Intrapersonal
- Me vs. You: Interpersonal
- Me vs. Job: Personal-Functional
- Me vs. Organization: Personal-Organizational
How to Use DiSC Profiles?
DiSC is an assessment to determine a person's behavior in a specific environment. It is most commonly used in the workplace. Trainers, consultants, coaches, and HR professionals have relied on DiSC to improve large and small organizations for 30 years.
How many ways does behavior affect the person's ability to function through everyday tasks? Here are just a few off the top of my head: stress management, teamwork, communication, expectations of others, listening skills, dealing with conflict, management skills, sales skills, and customer service skills. The DiSC profiles will help you and your organization improve effectiveness in all of these areas.
To learn more about DiSC, join us for our next free A Taste of DiSC session. These teleconferences are scheduled every 6 weeks for new coaches, consultants, and trainers interested in using DiSC. A Master DiSC Trainer with 20+ years experience will walk you through your personalized DiSC report and help you with the interpretation of your results. Learn more >>>.
Visit us at www.ResourcesUnlimited.com or call us at 800.278.1292 if you would like more information.
*DiSC is a registered trademark of Inscape Publishing, Inc. You may hear the DiSC Personal Profile from Inscape Publishing referred to as the DiSC Communication Styles Profile, DiSC reports, DiSC profiler, DiSC Profiling System, the DiSC test, DiSC booklet, the "blue booklet", personality profile test, quiz, survey, questionnaire, disc behavioral assessment, or instrument, personality trait analysis, personality type survey, social style survey.